On December 5th, there was an initial test run on a portion of the Westernmost tower. LEDs two-thirds of the way to the top of the tower and down towards the San Francisco side were lit. The transformation of Leo’s conceptual rendering into reality was awe-inspiring.
3D rendering of THE BAY LIGHTS iconic light sculpture on the San Francisco Bay Bridge is courtesy of the Parsons Brinckerhoff Project Visualization Group, one of the world’s leading planning, engineering, and program and construction management organizations.
- Huffington Post ranks The Bay Lights: The Most Inspiring Thing To See in 2013
- The January issue of United’s Hemisphere magazine ranks The Bay Lights as the #1 thing to see in the world in 2013, topping a list of 25 things around the globe.
- NYTimes Bright Idea
- NBC Bay Area News Bay Bridge Light Display Enters Testing Phase
- KTVU Testing begins Wednesday night on ‘The Bay Lights’ installation on Bay Bridge
- KTVU Hanging ‘The Bay Lights’ 25,000 LED lights
- SFist Hanging ‘The Bay Lights’ 25,000 LED lights